Timber Café (Lloydminster)
Border City Building Centre (Home Hardware) has an opening for an experienced full-time Chef in Timber Cafe.
We are looking for someone passionate about food & preparing dishes that will wow, delight and satisfy our customers with unique, tasty flavours and timely delivery. Our café offers locally sourced food with menus designed to be allergen inclusive featuring many gluten and dairy free items. Seasonal menus rotate often constantly developing and testing new items till perfect.
Our licensed Timber Café, features healthy lunch and breakfast items, delicious fresh baked treats along with a full selection of coffee and teas.
- Experience preparing healthy menu items with dietary restrictions in mind such as gluten and dairy sensitivities
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients according to recipes (weighing, measuring, mixing ingredients, chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers and check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure pleasing presentation by arranging and garnishing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly and check quality/freshness of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager
- Creative mind ready to develop new and interesting menu items and drinks
- Baking experience
- Proven experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Experience with both hot and cold food preparation.
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals
- Experience using a variety of kitchen tools (slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.), cookware and bakeware as well as with using various cooking methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.) and a variety of ingredients
- Skillful in moving around the kitchen and adept in multi-tasking
- Good working knowledge of sanitation standards and health codes.
- Very good communication skills
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
Please e-mail a copy of your application to email@example.com, submit with a cover letter indicating why you are the perfect person for this position. Application forms can be found in store at Guest Relations or at https://www.hhlloyd.com/careers.