POSITION – EXECUTIVE CHEF
START DATE – ANY TIME
Founded in 1958 The Derrick Golf & Winter Club is a member owned private family club located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Our members are very proud of their club and use it as their second home. Creating a welcoming environment that is attentive to their needs is our primary focus.
To be the most sought-after private club providing the most desired blend of exceptional facilities and services in a comfortable atmosphere.
We are a family oriented golf, recreation and social private club, dedicated to providing quality facilities and services to our members.
The Club is actively searching for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the Executive Chef position at the Club. The Derrick is year-round facility with 2.5M in food revenue from four a la carte outlets and numerous banquet facilities. The Executive Chef is responsible for continuing to enhance our food service levels at the Club by providing professional leadership and attentiveness to detail. This includes ongoing client relations and communications to ensure service levels are being achieved or exceeded.
The Executive Chef is the face of all things food. As such, they will assist with all the activities related to the culinary operations of The Derrick including business development, staff orientation and supervision, food inventory maintenance, and all duties associated with food service and preparations. This includes but is not limited to:
- Food operations including the maintenance and supervision of menu development and pricing, food service, purchasing and inventory control, and all other operational requirements related to day-to-day food service provision.
- Liaising with members to ensure service levels are being met. Focus on providing innovative ideas and promotions for the clients to make sure that their experience exceeds expectations. Monitoring the menu to ensure that clients have a wide range of options including healthy choices.
- Special events preparation and food service including weddings, tournaments, corporate functions and numerous social events.
- Budget preparation, financial monitoring and management with a continued focus on offering our members and guests the best experience possible will maintaining a strong focus on budget and margin management.
- Close working relationship with the entire F.O.H. team, ensuring all service levels and expectations are being met.
- Administrative functions including scheduling and supervision of staff, new employee orientations, and occupational health and safety monitoring.
- We feel strongly that the chef should be a coach and mentor with their team and work with them in offering advice and support for their career development.
- Completion of a recognized diploma or degree in Culinary Arts.
- Minimum 5 years of food management experience.
- Experience as a senior leader in a F&B team.
- Class 5 License.
- Standard First Aid certification, WHMIS.
- Food handling experience and certifications.
- Experience working at a club is considered an asset.
- A passion for food and consistently creating memorable experiences for all our members and guests.
The Derrick Golf & Winter Club offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit, in confidence, your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
Jim Hope, CCM CCE
The Derrick Golf & Winter Club
3500 119th St NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6J 5P5
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The start date is ASAP.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.