A HOTEL WITH THE FREEDOM OF STYLE!
Located in the heart of Central Alberta, the CAMBRIDGE HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE *red deer is the ideal place to grow your career in hospitality, providing excellent and personalized service to our guests while working within a positive team environment.
We are currently looking for a creative, energetic, organized, professional, customer focused individual to fill the position of Sous Chef.
Under the guidance of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision as set by the organization.
The Sous Chef will support the role of the Executive Chef and work cohesively to increase long term profitability through continuous improvement of team member morale, guest satisfaction and excellence in operations execution. You must provide the highest level of service and care to our guests and to our team members.
Based on job description includes but is not limited to:
- Provide leadership, people development, time management, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements.
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste.
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using the maximum available resources.
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours.
- Create tasting menus for clients interested in contracting the food for different events (wedding, banquets, corporate dinners, birthday parties, etc.) from their kitchen.
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy, working closely with outlet managers in order to increase profits and customer count such as pairing drinks with the food served.
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door.
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years’ of culinary experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant/hotel.
- Culinary school completion, including Red Seal Designation
- Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing kitchen procedures.
- Must have a high level of creativity and reliability.
- Excellent work ethic; driven, organized, good administration skills, dependable, flexible.
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and oral).
Hours of Work: The hours of work for this position will vary depending on organizational requirements, but will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
The CAMBRIDGE HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE *red deer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals interested in this position to submit a cover letter and resume to Humanresources@cambridgereddeer.com , please ensure the name of the position is included in the subject line. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
CAMBRIDGE HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE *red deer
3310 – 50th Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 3X9