Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and executing all pastry and bakery menus
- Prepares and bakes bread, baked goods, pies, cakes, tarts, French pastries, desserts, and other Foodstuffs for safe consumption, following EXPO specifications
- Ensuring that the mise en place is ready for the next day according to demands
- Maintaining organization, timeliness and delivery of all food that is prepared by the team
- Providing direction and assistance to their team of cooks, this individual will ensure full utilization of employee capabilities and skill sets
- Acting as a role model to department members by providing daily observations, direction and assistance to the team, as well as members of the management team
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for their employees to flourish in. Establishing good working relationships with other departments will be essential for efficient operation
Our successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a high volume kitchen or banquet operational experience
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certification
- Degree in culinary or hospitality management
- Excellent organizational, multi tasking and prioritization skills
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment will be essential
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you!
Apply on our website today! https://edmontonexpocentre.com/careers/