At Royal Glenora Club, we pride ourselves on having the best private club staff. Our staff members want to be here because we cultivate an environment in which everyone is treated with respect and friendliness, and where there is a sense of pride in the facility. Our employees are skilled service providers who embody our values of Excellence (Be It), Integrity (Live It), Accountability (Own It), Progressive (Bring It) and Attitude (Love It). This is who we are ─ Royal Glenora Club.
The RGC culinary team participates in Edmonton food events and Festivals and most recently competed in the Gold medal Plates – Discover the RGC as part of our rock star team.
Every memorable dining experience at RGC begins behind the scenes with our culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a culinary team member you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
$14.00 – $17.00 based on experience
This is a safety sensitive position, and as such requires post-offer pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Reporting to the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, this part-time Line Cook position will be responsible for preparation and serving of food items. Assist in the sanitation, cleaning, proper organization of the kitchen, storage areas and walk in coolers.
- Follow a given recipe and quality standard and prepare various food items, including vegetables, poultry, meats, and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers and grills.
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served.
- Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed.
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
- Ensure sufficient amount of food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period.
- Ensure food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that have been specified.
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company.
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures.
- Help out in food prep tasks during off-peak periods when needed.
- Ensure proper closure of kitchen by following kitchen stations’ closing checklist; also, help others to close the kitchen.
- Culinary school diploma;
- Familiar with industry’s best practices;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment without losing composure ;
- Professional cooking skills: The cook must have a strong knowledge of professional cooking practice, including handling knifes and ensuring safety of food, team members, and customers;
- Knowledge of recipe: He/she must have a strong knowledge of recipe to be able to prepare varieties of food using different methods;
- Good communication skills: The line cook must be able to pass ideas and information clearly to colleagues, members of the club, and management without being misunderstood; and
- The cook must be able to analyze several contending options in the course of work and make the best decision as quickly as possible.
Forward your resume and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications relevant to this position, and using “Part-time Line Cook” as the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 780-455-8138.
No telephone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Royal Glenora Club provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.