GEF Seniors Housing is the largest provider of affordable supportive living residence for low income seniors in Alberta. As a leading provider of safe, affordable, quality accommodations, we offer competitive salaries & excellent working conditions for our team of employees.
Details: Full Time, Evenings, 40 hours per week, 3-week rotational schedule, 4:00 PM to 12:30 AM
(This is a temporary position ending on or before November 22, 2018)
Schedule: Week 1: Wednesday to Friday
Week 2: Monday to Thursday, Saturday to Sunday
Week 3: Monday to Wednesday, Friday to Saturday
Pay Scale: $14.70 – $19.75 per hour
Location: McQueen Place 10938 – 142 Street Edmonton, AB T5N 2P8
Food preparation, specifically baking, portioning and labeling food. Cleaning food, dishes, dining areas, and equipment. Meal preparation and other site specific duties as assigned. Kitchen duties include: dishwashing, cleaning kitchen area, preparing beverages, sandwiches, salads and snacks, peeling and chopping vegetables, setting, clearing dining room tables, and other site specific duties as assigned.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Experience in food preparation is required
- Baking experience is required, and cooking experienced is preferred
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to interact with seniors in a respectful manner
- Ability to read and follow standard recipes and work in a sanitary manner
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
Please send your resume quoting job posting number
(M50) KA 4 by March 20, 2018 to:
Human Resources, GEF Seniors Housing
14220-109 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5N 4B3
Fax: 780-482-4054 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org