GEF Seniors Housing is the largest provider of affordable supportive living residence for low income seniors in Alberta. As a leading provider of safe, affordable, quality accommodations, we offer competitive salaries & excellent working conditions for our team of employees.
Details: Full time days, 40 hours per week, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, 3 week rotational schedule
(Position begins on September 3, 2018)
Week1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Week 2: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Week 3: Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Pay Scale: $24.25 – $29.30 per hour
Location: Sakaw Terrace, 5815 Mill Woods Road South, T6L 5X9
Typical Duties: Responsible for overseeing the kitchen operations, including supervision, training, and coaching of kitchen staff. Planning balanced menus, ordering groceries in accordance with the Canada Food Guide, and ordering kitchen related purchases within a set budget. Helping plan special events, cooking main meals, and implementing standardized recipes with feedback provided by residents. Also responsible for meal presentation, portioning, quality control, proper food storage, food inventory, and other site specific duties as assigned.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Alberta recognized Journeyman Certificate in cooking
- 1-2 years experience working in a hospitality setting or food service department
- Experience in opening new kitchens preferred
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Strong customer service skills including the ability to interact with seniors in a respectful manner
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
Please send your resume quoting job posting number (S55) CHF 3 EDC by July 20, 2018 to:
Human Resources, GEF Seniors Housing 14220-109 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5N 4B3 Fax: 780-482-4054 | Email: email@example.com
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal records check.