Full Time Cook
Jellinek House, Central Edmonton
General Job Description
Prepare well balanced wholesome lunches, snacks and dinners for a Men’s Recovery House; within budget expectations. Maintain cleanliness and organization of kitchen and food inventory. Position is primarily day shift from Monday to Friday with occasional weekend or evenings.
Cooking Certificate, apprenticeship training or equivalency preferred. Food handling certification required or obtained. Must demonstrate personal and professional cleanliness and be in good health. Must be self motivated and able to work alone. Upon completion of probationary period employees may qualify for a comprehensive benefits package
Specific Duties include but not limited to:
- Submitting weekly menu plans
- Prepare serve and clean up after meals
- Requisition supplies organize inventory control and arrange weekly food purchases
- Monitor activities of residents and ensure rules are followed and order is maintained
- Answer phones as necessary
- Provide support, encouragement and positive role modeling to clients
- Prepare meals, snacks and beverages for special events, board meetings etc
- Drivers license required
- This position is suitable for a healthy, mature, non judgmental person.
- Excellent remuneration for a suitable individual.
Contact : email@example.com
No phone calls please, online applications only. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Posting closes November 15/2017.