FOOD SERVICES AIDE II
The Alberta Teachers’ Association, as the professional organization of teachers, promotes and advances public education, safeguards standards of professional practice and serves as the advocate for its members.
Under the direction and supervision of the Food Services and Facilities Manager, the Food Services Aide II shares in and assists with the preparation of foods for the cafeteria and Banquet Event Orders (BEOs). Specifically, this position:
- Prepares cold foods for cafeteria and BEOs;
- Prepares short order and grill orders for cafeteria customers;
- Assists with baking and preparing other foods as required;
- Provides service to customers;
- Ensures appropriate food to accommodate dietary restrictions as per BEOs;
- Ensures kitchen is clean and assists with maintenance of equipment; and
- Assists front end food services staff with BEOs, clean up, cash register and dish room as required.
- Possession of a Food Handling Certificate;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in the food and beverage industry including experience preparing and making cold foods and dealing with the public;
- Some cash-handling experience;
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to read and write orders and skill in planning and food preparation;
- Basic knife handling skills and must be able to follow standardized recipes and procedures;
- Sound knowledge of food and beverage industry and health and safety procedures;
- Ability to work under pressure in an extremely busy environment and organize work to ensure a smooth operation;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and customer service skills; and
- Must be able to lift up to 15 kilograms and push up to 50 kilograms.
Salary: $21.33 per hour
Hours of Work: There are no guaranteed hours per week. The shifts will be 6:30am to 3:00pm including Saturdays, as shifts are needed.
Work Location: Barnett House (11010 142 Street NW), Edmonton
HOW TO APPLY: Applications with the names and telephone numbers of two business referees should be addressed to Janice Mellott, HR Advisor and emailed to HR@ata.ab.ca by 4:00 pm on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
The Alberta Teachers’ Association thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.