The Alberta Teachers’ Association invites applications for the position of Facilities Scheduler.
Temporary Part-Time Position (17.5 hours per week until approximately May 2018)
The Alberta Teachers’ Association, as the professional organization of teachers, promotes and advances public education, safeguards standards of professional practice and serves as the advocate for its members.
Working within a professional and service-oriented environment the facility scheduler is responsible for the coordination of meeting room bookings at Barnett House. Reporting to the food services and facilities manager, this position coordinates the allocation of meeting rooms and the provision of catering and equipment services as necessary, maintains the Association’s calendar and completes special projects and other duties as assigned. Specific duties include:
- Coordinates and schedules meeting room bookings including room setup, equipment and catering needs for both internal and external clients;
- Provides advice and information to both internal and external clients regarding meeting room bookings;
- Enters meeting room booking information into Meeting Room Manager software and distributes schedules;
- Matches and prepares invoices related to event bookings;
- Collects information and maintains the Association’s master calendar, online Provincial and staff site calendars;
- Prepares, develops and finalizes the Association’s annual calendar for approval;
- Provides administrative support to the food services and facilities manager; and
- Provides backup to reception as assigned.
- A related certificate or equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education;
- At least three years of administrative experience including coordinating meeting logistics and some experience as a receptionist;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other staff members and to act in a professional and cordial manner when dealing with the public;
- Strong time management and organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to establish priorities, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Intermediate ability in the use of Microsoft Office and proven accuracy in keyboarding and proofreading; and
- Ability to perform duties with a high degree of proficiency, initiative and good judgment.
Salary: This position offers a competitive starting salary of $25,277 plus a full range of employer-paid benefits.
Hours of Work: 17.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Hours of work per day and work days are flexible and negotiable.
Work Location: Barnett House (11010 142 Street NW), Edmonton.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications along with the names and telephone numbers of two business referees should be addressed to Janice Mellott, HR Advisor and emailed to HR@ata.ab.ca by 4:00 pm on Friday, October 13, 2017.
The Alberta Teachers’ Association thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.