Executive Sous Chef | Full-Time
About the Royal Glenora Club
In 1961, three clubs—the Glenora Skating and Tennis Club, the Braemar Badminton Club, and the Royal Curling Club—joined together to become the Royal Glenora Club. Since then, we have been dedicated to enriching our Members’ lives. The RGC is situated in the North Saskatchewan River valley, easily accessible from anywhere in Edmonton. Inside you will find a safe family environment, a welcoming community atmosphere, and a level of personalized service that can only be found in a private club. We offer a wide range of programs and activities. Our thriving recreational and competitive athletics include fitness, skating, racquet sports, aquatics, and gymnastics for Members of all ages. A number of our Members have even gone on to compete in World Championships and the Olympics. Our full social calendar helps Members to form relationships and build a sense of belonging through athletic tournaments, social events, and Clubs within the Club. Community, relaxation, and a healthier lifestyle for the whole family—the Royal Glenora Club has it all.
At the Royal Glenora Club, we pride ourselves on having the best private Club Staff. Our staff Members want to be here because we cultivate an environment in which everyone is treated with respect and friendliness, and where there is a sense of pride in the facility. Our employees are skilled service providers who embody our values of Excellence (Be It), Integrity (Live It), Accountability (Own It), Progressive (Bring It) and Attitude (Love It). This is who we are ─ the Royal Glenora Club.
The Executive Sous Chef oversees the Banquet, Cafeteria, Dining Room and Lounge operations throughout the kitchen, reporting to the Executive Chef. The Executive Sous Chef supervises the associates of the kitchen, participating in the training and development of associates and also provides input for performance appraisals and disciplinary action. He/she manages the kitchen in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times.
Director of Food & Beverage / Executive Chef
- Coach and provide leadership to all the staff of the kitchen, either directly or through the Sous Chef(s) and Chef de Partie(s)
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and development, coaching and corrective action, and performance appraisals of all kitchen employees
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness
- Provide input for menus, developing, and recommending recipes
- Assist the Executive Chef in the ordering and inventory of food products
- Ensure food is stored in appropriate containers, labeled, and rotated to ensure high standards of freshness, minimizing waste and maximizing quality
- Assist the Executive Chef in creating, implementing, and maintaining department objectives and to ensure they are met and exceeded
- Respond in a positive and timely manner to all internal and external guest requests and complaints
- Strive to uphold a safe working environment and be Health and Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining and improving a safe work environment.
- Ensure maintenance requests, incident reports and incident investigations are submitted and followed up with
- Prepare weekly staff schedules, and monitor staffing levels in conjunction with determined budgets
- Seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity without compromising our guests’ satisfaction
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with the Sous Chef(s) and Chef de Partie(s) and review all information pertinent to the day’s business
- Oversee food deliveries to ensure the products have been delivered and stored according to the standards
- Culinary Education Certificate from a recognized educational institution.
- Certifications as required to comply with provincial regulations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or Executive Sous Chef in a similar hotel/private club/restaurant environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading and managing a culinary team
- Effective decision making, strong problem solving, financial management (budgets, forecasting), guest service, leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of menu planning and food costs
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism
- Computer literate with MS Office applications
- A leader, trainer and coach to support and motivate a team
- This position will spend the majority of the time standing
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment
- Overtime as required
The Royal Glenora Club offers a competitive compensation package, including Health and Dental Benefits for full-time employees.
Forward your resume and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications relevant to this position, with “Executive Sous Chef” as the subject line, to email@example.com.. No telephone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Royal Glenora Club provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Deadline to apply is January 25th, 2019.