POSITION: Executive Chef
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Hospitality
INTERACTS WITH: Executive Team
- All food production for the Royal Mayfair Golf Club food outlets, which include: Spike Bar, Windsor Room, TEE House, Banquet functions, and on course catering.
- Management of the Kitchen Team.
- Creates menu items and develops menus on a monthly basis.
- Food inventory control – done monthly.
- Food cost control – to stay in line with the Food & Beverage budget.
- Labour cost for the kitchen to stay in line with the Food & Beverage budget.
- Always maintains the highest professional standards of food quality and presentation in all of the Royal Mayfair food outlets.
- Maintains the highest professional standards of sanitation and cleanliness.
- Responsible for the hiring of all Kitchen staff positions.
- Responsible for the orientation and training of all kitchen staff in accordance with the Royal Mayfair policies.
- Professional development training for Kitchen staff are designed and implemented.
- Supervises the staff to ensure that food safety best practices are employed at all times and in all areas and outlets.
- Creates a culture to ensure that the highest professional standards of conduct are maintained in the workplace.
- Ensure the standards of Alberta Health Services for sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen area at all times.
- Trains the Kitchen staff to have full knowledge of safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- As a member of the Food and Beverage management team, prepares all the necessary data for the kitchen budget, projects annual food and labor costs and monitors financial results taking corrective action where necessary to achieve projected financial goals.
- Works with the Kitchen Team to find solutions to problems which will naturally occur during service.
- Works very well with all front house staff to find the best option to a Member special request or modification of a dish.
- Encourages a friendly and respectful atmosphere with the Kitchen team and all Royal Mayfair employees
- Develops recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which ensure consistent excellence of quality of each dish.
- Exercises portion control over all menu items and assists in establishing menu pricing.
- Establishes inventory controls to minimize food wastage and eliminate theft.
- Takes the lead in ordering and receiving of products and supplies to ensure proper quality and pricing on all purchases.
- Researches new suppliers, products and ingredients for new menu items and special dinners menus.
- Weekly schedules for kitchen staffing.
- Possess a very strong desire for professional growth – keeps up with cooking trends locally and internationally.
- Attends regular Food and Beverage management meetings.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Consults with the Food and Beverage management team about food production, aspects of daily menus and special events being planned.
- Interacts with the Food and Beverage management team, Club Members, Clubhouse Staff to ensure that food production consistently meets the expectations of members and their guests.
- Plans menus for the food outlets in the Clubhouse considering guest needs and expectations, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, variety, specials, Holidays, production factors, cost and quality control.
- In consultation with the Food and Beverage management team assists in developing sales and marketing promotion programs and interesting ways to promote Club events in the Dining Room and Spike Bar.
- Develop and foster a working relationship with the Culinary Arts Program at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (N.A.I.T.).
Required Education: Graduate of the Red Seal Program or equivalent degree.
Required Work Experience: Prefer 5 years in Executive Chef or Sous Chef role.
Summary: The Royal Mayfair is looking for an Executive Chef that will move our culinary program from a banqueting based revenue model to one very focused on Member Dinning. We aim to become one of the top three culinary destinations in the greater Edmonton area. We have the resources to assist the Executive Chef to develop the Food & Beverage program to meet these expectations.
Director of Food & Beverage
Royal Mayfair Golf Course
Closing date: Saturday April 18th, 2020