Dining Services Manager
Department Manager, Full time
Seasons Retirement Communities, Ponoka
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the place for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents’ lives through meaningful connections and creating ‘Wow Moments’ that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
Note during COVID-19: Make a difference in the life of a senior when they need you the most.
Our greatest priority is the health and safety of our team members and residents. At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies.
While the position outlined below is our company’s standard description of the role, we understand that these are unprecedented times. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the wellbeing of the successful candidate.
The Position. We’re looking for a Dining Services Manager. The Dining Services Manager is responsible for direct oversight of the Dining Services team and for ensuring the exceptional preparation and delivery of the resident and guest dining experience.
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
- We provide health and dental benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Share Program
- Investment in leadership and travel experiences
- Group discounts on home and auto insurance
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience in a volume food preparation environment in the healthcare or in the hospitality industry and working knowledge of special diets and dietary restrictions
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests.
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification, Class 5 driver’s license with clear driver’s abstract, Safe Food Handling Certification
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in Food and Beverage Management from a recognized institution; OR
- Current qualification as a certified Red Seal Chef
- Food Safety Certificates I and I
- Prepares or monitors the preparation of service daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual resident dietary needs are met
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and guests in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction.
- Ensuring that the services provided to resident’s meets or exceeds expectations
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment
- Participates as a member of the Service Team Leaders and provides support to the other members of the team
- Provides leadership and direction to dining services team members
- Delivering essential food services that are immediately visible to residents and potential clients
- Maximizing occupancy by providing quality services
- Negotiating with suppliers to obtain optimum value for products and agreement on delivery schedules
- Sharing information and participating on committees to develop and implement best practices throughout Seasons communities
- Chairing the Food Advisory Committee
- Consulting with the dietician to determine appropriate dietary need for menu planning purposes
- Respond to queries from potential residents, family members and friends as required
- Promotes wellness in the community among service team members, residents and guests
- Collaborates with other members of the Dining Team in the planning, provision and evaluation of services
- Liaison with municipal and provincial agencies concerning health and safety issues. i.e. Community Care Facility.
The Location Seasons Ponoka is based in Ponoka, Alberta.
About Ponoka: Located in the peaceful Battle River Valley, in a quiet, mature area of town, Seasons Ponoka offers beautiful views of its tranquil setting. A continuum of care with a variety of living options, Seasons Ponoka caters to the different care needs and preferences of our residents.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards and referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Related experience within the seniors housing industry is an asset.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
To apply, click HERE
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.