Cooking & Baking Instructors – Metro Continuing Education
Metro Continuing Education (metrocontinuingeducation.ca/adult-continuing-education) is part of the Edmonton Public Schools Division and offers over 700 personal and professional enrichment (non-credit) courses to adults annually. Subject areas include art, cooking, health & wellness, languages, do-it-yourself, floral design and more.
If you have ever thought about teaching a cooking and/or baking course, whether it’s to gain valuable experience in the classroom or simply to share your culinary passion and knowledge, Metro Continuing Education has an opportunity for you.
Metro Continuing Education is currently hiring cooking and/or baking instructors with culinary experience, to teach one-session cooking and/or baking courses to adults starting in the Fall 2020 term (September – December). Courses run on weekdays in the evenings or on Saturdays during the day, for roughly 3 hours, at various Edmonton Public School kitchen facilities.
- Develop and deliver a 3 hour, hands-on cooking and/or baking course to adult students.
- Create/compile content for a recipe booklet for students to use in class and to take home.
- Purchase all grocery/food items (within a pre-determined budget amount) and complete course preparation and set-up.
- Clean-up of kitchen facility after class (with assistance from students)
- Input all grocery/food receipts into internal system for personal reimbursement.
- Represent Metro Continuing Education in a professional, positive and respectful manner.
- Knowledge of culinary subject matter and a minimum of 1 – 3 years of culinary experience.
- Ability to develop and successfully deliver a 3 hour, hands-on course to a group of adult students.
- Effectively manage and organize between 7 – 20 adult students per course.
- Able to work independently, with little direction and/or assistance. Must be flexible and able to problem solve on the fly.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a busy classroom environment.
- Excellent communication skills both in a one-on-one situation and in a group setting.
- Punctual and dependable.
Rate of Pay: $35 – $55 per hour, based on qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
Visit metrocontinuingeducation.ca/teach-at-metro/adult-continuing-education/ and complete the Adult Continuing Education Instructor Application online. If you have more than one course idea, please submit one application for each idea.