The Alberta Teachers’ Association
invites applications for the position of
The Alberta Teachers’ Association, as the professional organization of teachers, promotes and advances public education, safeguards standards of professional practice and serves as the advocate for its members.
The Cook position works as part of a team within a service-oriented environment, assisting with the day-to-day routines of the cafeteria and catering operations. Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Preparing food for cafeteria and catering functions;
- Assisting with preparing food menus and new recipes;
- Assisting with catering orders, cleaning up, serving, performing cashier duties, and working in the dish room, as required;
- Acting as back up to other food services staff as assigned and assists other team members with work overload as needed;
- Receiving supplies ordered;
- Working collaboratively with food services staff to maintain a clean and safe working environment; and
- Reporting, recording and assisting with the management of safety concerns in food services.
- Red Seal Chef certification and Safe Food Handling certification is required;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a cook, including dealing with the public and menu planning;
- Extensive knowledge of food services and health and safety procedures;
- Ability to work under pressure in an extremely busy environment and organize work to ensure a smooth operation;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and customer service skills; and
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kilograms and push up to 50 kilograms.
Salary: $27.98 per hour
Hours of Work: There are no guaranteed hours per week. Daytime, evening and weekend shifts are available between the hours of 6:00am and 11:30pm. As a casual position, hours and days of work vary, depending on business operations.
Work Location: Barnett House (11010 142 Street NW), Edmonton
HOW TO APPLY: Applications with the names and telephone numbers of two business references should be addressed to Tetiana Hlus, HR Assistant and emailed to HR@ata.ab.ca by 4:00 pm on Monday, October 21, 2019.
The Alberta Teachers’ Association thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.