We are currently hiring for a Chef who will be leading and working to help create and establish a fully vegan sushi restaurant. You must be a creative person with a passion for amazing food, who has strong technical and leadership skills to match.
- Promotes client satisfaction by ensuring all food is executed to standard.
- Meets food cost target through maintaining inventory and ordering systems.
- Menu Development and Hiring.
- Trains all cooks on the proper and consistent execution of all dishes.
- Maintaining a spotlessly clean kitchen and back of the house.
- Adhering to all food handling and health & safety procedures and ensuring that all food service standards and quality requirements are met.
- Conducting Line Checks and Pre-shift meetings prior to service.
- Fostering an atmosphere of hard work, discipline, respectful communication, cooperation and positivity amongst all staff.
- Demonstrating a high level of self-discipline in work habits, work quality, and the pursuit of new professional knowledge & skills.
- Hands-on food preparation and serving.
- Proven experience within a high volume environment
- Experience in banquets/catering, higher education, business dining or comparable service considered an asset.
- Excellent presentation and culinary skills. Proven ability to teach and coach others within the kitchen.
- Prior experience, cooking and managing in a fast-paced, creative culinary environment.
- Experience in menu costing, menu planning and food preparation.
- Advanced FST an asset.
- Valid Food Handlers Certification. Health & Safety Certification an asset.
Interested applicants can send an email to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year