Restaurant Chef de Partie | full-time
At Royal Glenora Club, we pride ourselves on having the best private club staff. Our staff members want to be here because we cultivate an environment in which everyone is treated with respect and friendliness, and where there is a sense of pride in the facility. Our employees are skilled service providers who embody our values of Excellence (Be It), Integrity (Live It), Accountability (Own It), Progressive (Bring It) and Attitude (Love It). This is who we are ─ Royal Glenora Club.
The RGC culinary team participates in Edmonton food events and Festivals and most recently competed in the Gold medal Plates – Discover the RGC as part of our rock star team.
Every memorable dining experience at RGC begins behind the scenes with our culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a culinary team member you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Reporting to the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide warm, sincere and engaging service that follows the service essentials, ensuring Guests feel valued.
- Treat each and every Guest as a unique individual, personalizing the interaction(s) with thoughtful and personal touches.
- Resolve Guest problems and never say “no” without offering an alternative. OWN the follow-up to ensure the problem is resolved, and be that guest’s point of contact.
- Be an ambassador for the RGC Brand.
- Be guided by and always exhibit core values; respect, integrity, teamwork, accountability & Excellence.
- Be aware of, support and ensure all health and safety policies, environmental policies & evacuation procedures including updates are followed.
- Follow and deliver all Leading Quality Assurance Standards for your position.
- Ensure a safe, clean environment at all times and take ownership for your area.
- Adhere to grooming policies to ensure a professional appearance is always maintained.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues.
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to RGC recipes and standards.
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- Ensure all kitchen staff are aware of standards and expectations.
- Liaise daily with Sous Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback.
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Maintaining labour cost through productive use of labour and ensuring that resources are properly allocated to support business levels
- Works closely the Sous Chefs in menu creation and overall guest experience improvement efforts
- Maintains a safe work environment and is responsible to complete the Weekly Preventative Maintenance Checklist
- Training and developing kitchen employees and ensuring that ongoing training opportunities are communicated to the Sous Chef an addressed with the colleague
- Assume supervisory responsibilities during the absence of the Sous Chef
- Minimum 3 years management experience in a high volume kitchen;
- A diploma/degree in Hospitality Management or Culinary;
- High school or equivalent;
- Food Safe;
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards;
- Experience with purchasing and maintaining kitchen equipment;
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities;
- Highly responsible & reliable;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to problem solve effectively;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrate a professional attitude;
- Ability to train, develop and motivate others;
- Flexible work hours;
- Possess a passion for food quality and an eye for detail; and
- Able to use Microsoft office and other required computer programs.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to HRManager@royalglenora.com or fax applications to (780) 455-8138.
No telephone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Royal Glenora Club provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.