Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking a Chef de Partie who has a comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, high volume production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation to share this passion.
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Chef de Partie to join our team. This role will assist the Pastry Chef in creating a smooth day-to day operation of the kitchen by leading members of the Culinary team at the Edmonton EXPO Centre. Outstanding planning, preparation and presentation of food within their team will be of the utmost importance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing, seasoning and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption both safely and following EXPO specifications
- Feeling, tasting and examining appearance of food prepared and cooked and informs staff of necessary adjustments
- Ensuring correct and timely distribution of food or product to required location.
- Managing food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste.
- Ensuring that the Mise en place is ready for the next day according to expectations and demand.
- Providing direction and assistance to their team of cooks to ensure full utilization of employee capabilities and skill sets
- Acting as a role model to department members by providing daily observations, direction and assistance to the team, as well as members of the management team
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for their employees to flourish in. Establishing good working relationships with other departments will be essential for efficient operation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 6-7 years’ experience in a high volume kitchen or banquet operational experience
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certification
- Degree in culinary or hospitality management
- Excellent organizational, multi tasking and prioritization skills
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, please apply on our website: https://edmontonexpocentre.com/careers/. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.