Welcome to The Canadian Brewhouse, Canada’s fastest-growing independent restaurant group! We are proud of being the only Canadian-themed sports bar in town, and we know that without our incredible teams we wouldn’t be a fraction of where we are today. Our teams live and breathe our Core Values; these are 6 key principles that influence all of our decisions as an organization.
- Take Care of Each Other and Yourself
- Think Like a Customer
- Support Your Community
- Hurry, Don’t Rush
- Embrace Innovation
- Be Persistent
When not at work, you may catch us out in the community volunteering, raising funds for The Canadian Mental Health Association or the local Children’s Hospital, or having a couple of drinks with friends. The Brew Crew is a team of devoted, compassionate, and ambitious individuals that are hungry for what the future holds. We believe it’s our duty to provide all of our employees with a safe, fun-filled work environment with endless advancement opportunities. Let us tell you more about why you should join the best team in Canada, today!
The Canadian Brewhouse – Be the Place People Want to Be!
The Canadian Brewhouse was an Edmonton boy’s dream turned into reality. There were Irish Pubs, English-style Pubs, Belgian Cafés, Chinese restaurants, East Indian restaurant, but no Canadian-themed bars. Combine that idea with his love of Sports and here we are! This was back in 2001 that we started, and with the same owner throughout our growth, we are now sitting at 32 Canadian Brewhouses across 4 provinces and two other growing concepts. That’s not even the best part. We are just getting started! Now is the best time to join our team and start your career!
Let’s talk about the Kitchen Manager position!
Our kitchens are an opportunity to exhibit your current cooking skills and learn some more. We don’t believe in segregating our line cooks to a single station; it’s important that everyone learns every part of our back of house operations so that we can support each other and ensure that when the opportunity comes knocking for growth, you’re already set up to grow!
Safety and cleanliness are cornerstones to our food program, and we expect each of our team members to hold them both in high regard and take good care of themselves, their fellow Brew Crew, our guests, and our house.
What will be your responsibilities as a Kitchen Manager?
- Prepare and send out only top-quality dishes
- Coach, lead, and mentor a team of cooks under your direction
- Ensure and maintain a safe, sanitary, and clean work environment at all times
- Provide and gain experience in the business side of cooking – food costing, time management, inventories, etc.
- Work with the team to execute large volumes of orders
- Communicate clearly, calmly, and often
What do you need?
- A strong set of leadership skills
- A passion for cooking
- Willingness to learn and expand your knowledge, as well as grow as an individual
- Dedication to learning a large menu with many in-house made items
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A strong understanding of health and safety regulations, and a commitment to keep your area maintained
- A drive to find solutions rather than point out problems
Benefits to Joining Our Team:
- A staff discount that we extend to your friends and family – show off your workplace, our house is your house!
- Scholarship program for part-time and full-time students.
- Advancement opportunities are endless with the right attitude and passion – our CEO started out as a dishwasher!
- The opportunity to Support Your Community – one of our core values, a great experience to volunteer with causes you’re passionate about.
- Working with a team of like-minded individuals who have your interests at heart. Our team is our family – We Are Brew Crew
- Opportunity to travel as part of our Corporate Training team
If this job posting sounds like your kind of place, apply now to email@example.com and be the next member of the Brew Crew! Only individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.