Martselos Services Ltd.
P.O. Box 426, Fort Smith NT X0E 0P0
Would you like to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, remote environment? Do you enjoy being resourceful and working in a close-knit team? Martselos Services Ltd. is seeking an energetic individual(s) for the position of Camp Cook to provide services to Northwest Territories Power Corporation at Snare Hydro, located 144 km from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. You would be responsible for:
- Preparing meals three (3) times a day, seven (7) days a week, for five (5) to ten (10) workers. This could increase to 25 occasionally;
- Preparing fresh, tasteful, appealing food;
- Following recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and service food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food and equipment as needed. Orders will be placed from Yellowknife, NT;
- Preparing daily desserts such as pies, cakes, puddings, etc., as well as treats such as cookies, squares, pastries, etc.;
- Cleaning and sanitizing work stations and equipment, as well as cleaning the bunkhouses.
The qualifications for this position are:
- Food preparation skills; food handling certificate and up-to-date CPR and First Aid certificate;
- Cooking/Baking Certificate or Diploma is an asset;
- Two (2) years’ experience cooking in high volumes an asset, but not necessary;
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Reliable, punctual and consistent; and
- Clean Criminal Records Check.
Must have: First Aid/CPR, WHMIS, Food Safety Certificate, Class 5 Driver’s License and Resume.
Please contact Peter Martselos, Martselos Services Ltd. at (867)-872-0811, or email resume at: email@example.com.
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon education and experience.