Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites
You’re an experienced & passionate Chef, hungry to take on a hands-on leadership role with a top-ranking hotel.
You’re seriously passionate about culinary and locally sourced ingredients – you have a craving for an opportunity to take ownership of a kitchen production operation & deliver exceptional culinary experiences to our guests. You want to coach and mentor a team of incredible people, share your knowledge and experience, and make a big impact. You are people centric. You’re not looking for a job . . . you’re looking for this job.
If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you.
Who are we?
Our Business is Hospitality! For over 30 years, the Denham Hospitality Organization has operated the Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, a full service hotel in downtown Leduc. With over 5,000 square feet of banquet space, we also operate the very popular O’Brians Restaurant & Grill and Jonathan’s Lounge. Operating in the heart of our community, our goal is to deliver inspiring regional cuisine with a modern, sophisticated twist. Our preference is to use local ingredients & support regional suppliers whenever we can.
We have an exciting leadership opportunity for dynamic & creative Culinary Professional.
As our Production Chef, your main goal is to drive production for our Farm-to-Fork menus to meet demand while maintaining our rigorous quality standards.
On a day-to-day basis you will organize, execute & oversee the production of food for our Outlets & Banquet Operations. Many of our products are made from scratch. You will also be responsible for preparing & delivering delicious, creative & visually attractive Banquet offerings. During peak periods, you will pitch in where ever needed including on the line. Your priority will be to ensure the kitchen team is well prepared to provide our guests with exceptional culinary experiences and best in class service.
Here’s what else you will be doing:
- Working closely with our Corporate Chef to promote the company’s culture, mission and philosophy
- Building, mentoring & maintaining a strong kitchen team
- Assist with the professional development, training & performance management of the kitchen team
- Maintain dynamic & up-to-date Production Schedule
- Inventory Control & Ordering of product to maintain kitchen production
- Monitor staffing levels & assignments to minimize cost and increase productivity
- Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation
- Provide leadership for the Hotel Health & Safety program
You’ll know you’ve reached success in this role when you’ve achieved high guest & internal satisfaction scores. When we have achieved our revenue, food & labour cost targets.
But success for you is about more than scores or targets – it’s your passion for culinary & people which makes you successful. You’re passionate about local regional cuisine, delivering exceptional hospitality experiences & building strong teams. And by making an impact on your team through your leadership, you’ll make an even bigger impact on our business.
Working with the Denham Hospitality Organization
Just like we’re committed to taking the best possible care of our guests, we take care of our employees too. We start by hiring the right people – people who care about people and who want to take ownership of their jobs. Then, we empower them by giving them all the tools and resources they need to succeed, ongoing learning and development opportunities, and an amazing employee-centric team environment. We invest in our people because we recognize that they are at the heart of our organization’s success.
Working here means being part of a team who are more than just coworkers – we’re family. And like you, we are passionate and enthusiastic about hospitality and creating and delivering legendary guest experiences. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, and this sounds like the type of team you can’t wait to be a part of, then we can’t wait to meet you.
This is a full-time, permanent position working 5 days per week (weekdays and weekends), typically between 10 am – 7 pm. Hours and days are subject to change depending on business levels and peak periods.
You’ll be paid a competitive salary between $45,000-$52,000 per year, will qualify for bonuses and incentives and have access to an excellent benefits package and group RRSP plan. You’ll enjoy complementary meals, and employee discount rates for Best Westerns in North America.
- 1 – 3 years experience managing day to day Kitchen operations
- 2 – 5 years of prior Food Production Management experience
- Experience in high volume Banquet operations with strong understanding of soups, sauces & cooking techniques
- Strong culinary knowledge with a passion for a Farm to Fork concept
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to mentor & build good teams
- Stable work history is critically important
- Red Seal and/or Culinary degree a definite asset
How to Apply:
Please email your Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com